I don’t have a fixed skincare routine that stays the same from day to day. I prefer to change things up to adapt to current conditions. So in lieu of a fixed routine, here I’ve listed all the current and incoming building blocks of my full morning and evening skincare routines. For some examples of how I might mix, match, add, and drop products to create custom routines for specific skin issues or life circumstances, check out my Instagram or the posts in my Routine Building category!
Products provided by sponsors are marked with double asterisks(**).
My Skincare Lineup That I Generally Don’t Put All On my Face At once
Eye makeup remover: Since I got my eyelash extensions, I’ve had to rethink eye makeup removal. I currently use a lid and lash wash bottled and sold by my lovely lash artist, Ashley Thompson from Lashes by Ashley.
Cleansing oils: Emulsifying oil-based sunscreen and makeup removers used as the first step in my evening double cleanse. I use these very carefully due to my lashes, since they must not come in contact with the glue!
- Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Oil**
Cleansing Waters: When I don’t want to use a cleansing oil; to loosen sunscreen and makeup before cleansing or to do a light cleanse on lazy mornings.
- Thankyou Farmer Back to Iceland Cleansing Water
- Huxley Secret of Sahara Cleansing Water**
Second Cleansers: To cleanse face in the morning and to remove all traces of oil cleanser residue and cleanse face in the evening.
- Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam EX**
- Sulwhasoo Snowise EX Cleansing Foam
- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
Actives: Evening only; to build collagen, lighten dark spots, accelerate skin turnover rate, and clear pores by loosening dead skin cells for faster shedding.
- Curology 0.07% tretinoin/5% MAP/4% niacinamide prescription anti-aging treatment (subscribed for 13 months)
- Timeless 20% C+E+Ferulic Acid Serum
- COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
- Swanicoco PHA 10% Coco Peeling Cream**
First Essences: A hydrating and prepping step with brightening, glow-creating, and possible anti-aging properties.
Toners: To soften skin after cleansing and prepare it for optimal absorption of any skincare products applied afterwards.
- Naruko Jingcheng 60 Actives Youth Activating Enhancer**
- Sulwhasoo Essential Balancing Water EX**
Essences: To hydrate and deliver a moderate amount of skincare actives and antioxidants.
- Olivarrier Dual Moist Hyaluron Essence**
- 107 Core-Flex Cream Essence**
Serums/ampoules: To deliver highly concentrated doses of skincare actives and antioxidants.
- Holy Snails Shark Sauce – Megalodon (limited edition giant size of Shark Sauce; my 6th? Shark Sauce)
- Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Borabit Ampoule**
- Swanicoco EGF Original Pure Ampoule**
- Swanicoco FGF Pure Ampoule**
- LJH Vita Propolis Ampoule
All-in-one creams: AB creams labeled “All In One” are typically much more lightweight and less occlusive than traditional moisturizing creams; while they may provide enough moisture for oily complexions, they are useful to those of us with less generous oil production as serums in cream format.
- COSRX Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream (5/5, my 4th? jar)
Single step products: Products that fit into my single step category are rare and precious. These products perform well enough to replace every single non-cleanser, non-sunscreen step in a skincare routine, eliminating the need for separate hydrating and moisturizing layers.
- Hyggee Fresh One Step Facial Essence**
- Hyggee Balance One Step Facial Essence**
Sheet masks and hydrogels: For extra hydration and skin-friendly ingredients. I use one mask a night, minimum, and if I get up early enough in the morning, I like to sheet mask then as well, with a focus on photoprotective antioxidants.
Moisturizers: To seal in previous skincare steps and reinforce the moisture barrier against water loss.
- Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream (my 3rd? tube)
- Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream EX**
- Olivarrier Emollient Extra Comfort Cream**
- Sulwhasoo Essential Balancing Emulsion EX**
- Naruko Dermalane 1000-Molecule Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Cream**
Sleeping packs: A little more occlusive than regular moisturizing creams and often with more intensive targeted ingredients, sleeping packs treat while you sleep.
- Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask
- Sulwhasoo Radiance Energy Mask**
- 23.5°N jelly masks (all flavors)**
Eye stuff: For hydrating and moisturizing the eye area.
- Naruko Jingcheng Total Rejuvenating Eye Complex EX**
- Amorepacific Intensive Vitalizing Eye Essence**
- Yuripibu Cucu Maronza Eye Cream**
Sunscreen: Nonnegotiable everyday UV protection.
- Sulwhasoo Age-Veil UV Protection Cream**
- Biore UV Perfect Milk SPF 50+ PA++++ (sweat- and sebum-resistant; used for more active days; repurchased too many times to count)
- Neutrogena Beach Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen Lotion SPF 70 (3.8/5, my 5th bottle)
- Gently exfoliate with B-Lab I Am Sorry Just Cleansing Peeling Gel**, Skinfood Rice Mask Wash Off, Goodal Phytowash Yerba Mate Bubble Peeling or Manyo Factory Active Refresh Herb Peel**
- Hydrate, clarify, and brighten with I’m From Honey Mask (1-2x/month; my 3rd jar)
- Brighten and clarify with Neogen Code 9 Glacial Magic Pore Mask**
Keep an eye on this page, as it changes regularly. And as always, remember that my routine is only an example, not a template!