My Top 6 Day Moisturizers for Spring and Summer

My Top 6 Day Moisturizers for Spring and Summer

These six day creams deliver hydration and moisture without greasiness or long drying times.

January 2017 Empties Report

January 2017 Empties Report

It's a new year, but I still got the same old face, and that face still needs to have things put on it and cleansed off of it on a regular basis, so I've got another batch of empties to show off! There are some classics in here, some new (to me) items, and one [...]

The Best and Worst Skincare I Used in 2016: A Holy Grail Skincare Routine

The Best and Worst Skincare I Used in 2016: A Holy Grail Skincare Routine

2016 was a pretty wild year in a lot of ways. Even my face got a taste of the turmoil. I tried a lot of different products from a lot of different brands this year, and while some of those products were truly great (and I appreciate the opportunity to try them all), others...weren't. I took [...]

#Enabled: May Skincare Purchases and the Stories Behind Them (aka Shopping Habits of a Beauty Blogger)

#Enabled: May Skincare Purchases and the Stories Behind Them (aka Shopping Habits of a Beauty Blogger)

As a beauty blogger, I make a lot of skincare purchases. Many more, I imagine, than a typical non-blogger beauty consumer would. We've talked a bit about blogger shopping habits here and there on the Snailcast, and I'm sure I've mentioned mine in passing elsewhere, but I don't think I've ever sat down and walked [...]

Review: Mizon Snail Wrinkle Care Sleeping Pack

Review: Mizon Snail Wrinkle Care Sleeping Pack

There are certain brands I constantly overlook. Like Mizon. I just don't think about them much these days, which is a shame. Mizon might be easy for a fickle blogger to outgrow in the quest for exciting new things, but the brand's solid if unglamorous products have a lot to offer at really reasonable prices (if you buy [...]

Flashback Friday: That Time I Jiggled a Jar of Mizon Returning Starfish Cream

Mizon's Returning Starfish Cream was the first moisturizer I ever liked enough to repurchase when I ran out and the first heavier cream I ever really enjoyed. It made my skin so nice. Also, I liked its bizarre jelly texture. So I made a video to show what happens when you jiggle a jar of [...]

Review: Mizon Original Skin Energy Placenta 45 Ampoule

Review: Mizon Original Skin Energy Placenta 45 Ampoule

The thing about skincare, which I've said before and will say again, is that there's nothing universal about it and there's nothing truly objective about it, either. A product that works amazingly well for 90% of people may work really poorly or not at all for the other 10% (and that's not the product's fault, [...]

Review: Mizon Honey Black Sugar Scrub

Review: Mizon Honey Black Sugar Scrub

You ever like a product so much that even though you know you shouldn't use it all the time, you end up using it way more than you should even though that's kind of a bad idea, but it's just so enjoyable and the results are so nice? I'm that way about Mizon Honey Black Sugar Scrub, [...]

Review: Mizon Seaweed Jelly Scrub, a Scrub for Those Who Fear Scrubs

Review: Mizon Seaweed Jelly Scrub, a Scrub for Those Who Fear Scrubs

These days, it seems there are two kinds of people: those who love a good old-fashioned facial scrub, and those who either won't, or can't, take so much as a single exfoliating grain on their skin. (A damaged acid mantle and/or prescription retinoids can make skin extremely sensitive to abrasion, for example.) Mizon's Seaweed Jelly [...]

Can’t Give Up that “Squeaky Clean” Feeling? Minimize the Damage.

Can’t Give Up that “Squeaky Clean” Feeling? Minimize the Damage.

Crazy Snail Lady Note: The cleansers discussed in this post were given to me by retailers for review. To learn more about my sponsorship policy and testing schedule, please visit this page. There are no referral or affiliate links in this post. About a week ago, I posted some teaser news about one of my [...]