Lavender is one of my favorite colors (and fragrances), but I had a hard time finding wearable lavender makeup until I started checking out Asian products. Today I went for light lavender eyes and lavender blush to liven up a black T-shirt on a spring day. I call this look “I used a very light hand, good luck finding the lavender, but I know it’s there, and that makes me happy.”
- Skin: Missha M Signature Real Complete BB Cream, No. 21 Light Pink Beige
- Cheeks: Peripera Ah! Much Real My Cushion Blusher, Lively Lavender
- Brows: Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow, Tough as Taupe
- Lashes: Shiseido eyelash curler, Heroine Make Volume & Curl, Heroine Make Long & Curl
- Lids: Too Cool for School Dinoplatz Eye Shadow on Flatiron, #1 Lavender; Lioele Color Eye Shadow 25 Brown Violet
- Liner: Etude House Play 101 gel pencil, creamy black
- Lips: Innisfree Creamy Tint Lipstick, #1 Bud Pink
- Highlighter: Benefit Watt’s Up
Swatches and mini-reviews
The Too Cool for School Dinoplatz Eye Shadow on Flatiron is a cream eyeshadow packaged in an adorable tube.
Out of the tube, it has quite a lot of shimmer but not much color payoff, which works well for me as a base shade. It applies easily with a fingertip and lasts all day.
It’s available on Memebox for $9.90.
I love the Lioele Color Eye Shadow Single in Brown Violet as a softer alternative to liner. I apply it with a stiff eyeliner brush. The color payoff is good, but be warned: this shadow has some fairly intense glitter fallout, so apply early in your makeup routine so that you can wipe off any stray flecks of sparkle. I wear this all day without touching up, though it will fade around the 6 hour mark without a primer or creamy base like the TCFS cream eyeshadow.
The Lioele Color Eye Shadow single in Brown Violet is available on Memebox for $5.00.
And finally, my favorite blush of the year, Peripera Ah! Much Real My Cushion Blusher in Lively Lavender! This blush is exactly what I wanted out of a lavender blush: pastel color that stays true lavender on my skin instead of turning pink or mauve, easily blendable and buildable coverage (I went with only one layer for today’s FOTD because I didn’t want to conflict with the Innisfree lipstick), and a soft finish that lasts all day. Love it. I’ve used it almost every day since I got it.
Peripera Ah! Much Real My Cushion Blusher in Lively Lavender is available on Amazon with Prime shipping for $12.98 (affiliate link).
What makeup colors have you been loving lately?