The shop featured in this post is a Fifty Shades of Snail sponsor and, along with other Fifty Shades of Snail sponsors, provided some of the products mentioned below for review. Press samples are marked with an asterisk. This post does not contain affiliate links.
Hey, guys! Who loves sales? I love sales!
I love sales, but unfortunately I’m not really the quickest to the draw when it comes to announcing them, which is why I don’t do it that often. But I’m making an exception here for the surprise weekend sale going on at Jolse, because I happen to have a Fifty Shades of Snail-only extra coupon code that I was planning to share with you all today anyway!
A little bit about Jolse
One of my favorite Korea-based webshops, Jolse is beloved among international K-beauty fans for a couple of reasons. The most frequently cited reason is their sample service. If you haven’t purchased many Korean cosmetics yet, or if your K-beauty buying has been limited to Amazon so far, you’re in for a treat. Sample service is an integral part of the Korean beauty shopping experience, both online and in person. From standard, single-use sample foils to deluxe- and travel-size skincare products, entire sheet masks, and the occasional full-sized piece of makeup, the little freebies add a fun extra touch to a haul. Jolse has some of the most consistently generous sample service around. In addition to the sample foils, I’ve gotten packs of Jolse-branded blotting papers, single-use pore-clearing nose strips (that I don’t advocate but that Mr. Fiddy likes), and even an awesome full-sized Nature Republic facial mist on one memorably large order. The shopping rewards from a shop like Jolse add up fast.
Speaking of rewards, Jolse also has a tiered customer rewards program that puts a certain percentage of your previous purchase back onto your Jolse account in the form of store credit. They often bump that percentage up, as they’re doing for this weekend’s sale.
Finally, Jolse just happens to be staffed by fun and friendly people who make customers feel like they’re buying from actual human beings, not just faceless packing and shipping automatons. If you’ve heard Jolse referred to as “bae” anywhere, it’s because of this adorable kerfuffle some time ago. They’re really nice folks. When you’re buying things from a foreign country, that makes a difference.
One last thing you should know about Jolse is that unlike many other K-beauty webshops, Jolse builds standard shipping charges right into item prices. Keep that in mind if you’re comparison shopping between two or more stores.
Onwards to the sale!
Jolse surprise sale, COSRX cleanser coupon, and my recommended buys
Through this weekend, Jolse has marked all products in their store down by 15% and raised their cash back reward to 3% store credit for future purchases. To celebrate, I’ve pulled together a list of some of my favorite products for you to check out! They’re (mostly) sorted by brand and they’re definitely not the only things worth getting from the bae.
- Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser*: I kind of can’t wait for my Re:cipe Slowganic Cleanser testing period to end so that I can go back to the Good Morning Gel Cleanser full time. Nothing beats its combination of mildness and cleansing power. It’s currently marked down to $10.18, but I can save you a little more than that still. If you are one of the first 300 people to use the coupon code WE4L317Y7U (valid through October 31), you’ll get an additional $1 off of this product. Jolse might even have some sticker sheets left over for you! (My review)
- Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask*: This light but occlusive propolis gel makes a fantastic moisturizer for both day and night. $12.73. (My review)
- Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence: I haven’t gotten around to reviewing this product yet, but rest assured, I will soon, and positively. Featuring a whopping 96% snail mucin and very little else, this mild, gentle, unfragranced goo makes my skin incredibly soft, incredibly supple, and incredibly calm. $14.36.
- Miss Flower & Mr. Honey Essence Oil: The season of harsh winds and full-blast heaters is almost upon us. This insanely nourishing, antioxidant-packed product, with fermented honey, propolis, and royal jelly extracts and one of the most magical fragrances this side of Chris Hemsworth’s clean laundry, can help keep your skin moisturized and healthy no matter what the winter throws at it. And if you’re unsure what an essence oil is, my blogger friend Vanity Rex explains it well in her review of a product I’ve definitely got my eye on now. $23.78. (My review)
- Miss Flower & Mr. Honey Hydrogel Masks: The pampering, special-occasion companions to the rest of the glorious Miss Flower & Mr. Honey line, these masks turn my skin into milky porcelain. They’re pretty amazing. $20.38 for box of 5. (My review)
- Bling Bling Eye Sticks: I’m not always in the mood to fuss with brushes and shadows. Sometimes I want to just swipe a wash of shimmery color onto my eyelids and be done with it. These pretty, creamy, long-lasting stick eyeshadows make that possible. $5.08.
- Rosy Tint Lips: If you’ve been reading my blog for a good long time, then you might remember that I used to be strongly opposed to anything matte. (Whoops.) I’m not anymore. These velvety-matte lip stains last for hours and give soft, pretty color. $6.97.
- IOPE Air Cushion XP: I use this cushion every single day. I love it that much. Instead of trying to describe its effects with words, here’s a Snapchat selfie of me wearing it. No primer, no powder, no filter. $33.98 (includes refill).
- Scinic All In One Ampoules (Aqua, Snail, and Honey): Even if you’re like me and actually enjoy your morning and evening skincare routines, it’s pretty inevitable that you’ll end up short of time at least once in a while. These hydrating, moisturizing, nourishing, and brightening products can stand in for multiple skincare steps and get you out the door or into bed a little bit faster. It doesn’t hurt that they come in big, big jars, either. Aqua and Snail $16.98 | Honey $17.83. (My review of the Aqua; I find Snail more soothing and Honey more moisturizing).
- Ciracle Snail Hydrogel Masks: Been outdoors all day? Skin tired or irritated and in need of some serious soothing? Pop one of these in the refrigerator and apply it to your weary face for a hydrating and replenishing pick-me-up and an instantly firmer complexion. $16.13 for box of 4. (My review)
What products have you guys been wanting to haul lately? And what’s your favorite store?
© 2015 unless otherwise noted (copyright and sharing policy)